Thursday, November 22, 2012

Personal – Happy Thanksgiving!!!

 

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  In Iowa my friends have all completed their harvests for the year.  Some OK, many very poor – yet they are all thankful for what this year has brought.  Farmers teach many great lessons to those of us not plying that craft – and being truly thankful (regardless of the size of a year’s harvest) one of them.

Our family continues to be blessed -

  • A new granddaughter this Spring
  • Good health all around
  • The ability to work on a daily basis
  • An abundance of loving friends
  • A strong faith community that freely shares God’s love
  • And much, much more

Personally, through more grumbling than I probably should do, I have been blessed with a customer base that remains loyal and more “friend” than client.  I’ve made many new friends through this little space on the Internet that feel like family after a few short months.  I continue to enjoy the love of a wife that has seen fit to share my life for over 46 years – a deeply humble thought and something I am grateful for each and every day.  And I am blessed with children who understand the love of a good mate and how to return that love and with grandchildren who truly understand how to exhaust old Grandpa and share their love with him.

And finally, I am grateful for all those on duty worldwide so we may enjoy a peaceful and secure day today – and every day.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Finally, for my daughter – “Thank you God for carrots!!”    Smile 

Enjoy your day folks, make it a good one!

Bill

2 comments:

  1. Lots of blessings. Must remember those! Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ms. A!! There are, indeed, lots of blessings.

      Jim, not sure where your post went, came to my phone though. Thank you for your thoughts, hope you had a quiet and peaceful day!

      Delete