Saturday, December 24, 2011

EDC – My Offering


A person’s EDC – Every Day Carry, is a fairly personal choice.  It revolves around their environment, their type of threat, their training, their style of dress – to list just a few of the considerations that go into choosing the various elements of their EDC.
In addition to these considerations, I also divide my EDC into three different elements:

Personal Protection:  This is the element I depend on to defend myself.  This consists of items I ALWAYS have with me, my weapon (changes between a Ruger LC9 and a Glock 36) with three fully loaded magazines, a tactical knife - currently a Kershaw Skyline (model 1760) and a flashlight, currently a Surefire 6P Defender.

Survival Element:  This element gives me a very basic survival ability to stabilize my situation so I can work up from there.  It consists of a Leatherman Juice CS4, a small Bic lighter with two birthday candles taped around it, a spark-striker kit and a miniature frenzel lens – the last three items meet my requirement to always have three ways to start a fire in your pocket.  Additionally, I wear a Casio Pathfinder PQW200-T watch which adds a compass, altimeter, barometer and a watch to my survival kit.

Personal Element:  This element I just need to get through the day.  It consists of my wallet that carries credit cards, cash, identification and carry permits.  I also include my Casio Pathfinder primarily in this element and my Google Nexus One cell phone.

I have done a fairly extensive video review of my system.  I start out with an overview and then tackle the individual elements.  You can find a link to in on our company website -
e.IA.f.t. – EDC – Every Day Carry videos.

I’d be interested in your thoughts and feedback!

1 comment: