There is a Story afoot . . .



A story has attacked me . . . not sure where it's from, but I have been posting chapters as they come out of my fingers. Yes, I am still posting on firearms training and my new topic of basic prepping - all links are to the right of the blog, newest posts first on the lists. Feel free to ignore the story posts - they usually start with a chapter number. But, feel free to read the story as well and comment on it - I like how it's turning out so far! Links to the various chapters are at the right under . . .

The Story

Bill

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Training - The LaserLyte Range

 

It’s been no secret that I’m fond of my LaserLyte rounds and time on my indoor “range”.  With my Tactical Pistol course coming up Saturday – and not wanting to make a fool of myself – I’ve been working my draw quite a bit this week on a clean draw stroke with a sub-2 second par time.  I thought I’d prep a quick “target’s eye view” of what this process looks like.

  • Weapon:  Glock17
  • Holster:  Blackhawk IWB Leather
  • Distance:  Reduced size IDPA target simulating 21 feet
  • Timer:  And Android timer app set for a par time of 2 seconds
  • Stance:  Modified Weaver, 2-hand, full extension

As they say . . . . . “Let’s go to the tape!”

LaserLyte Indoor Range 5 Rounds 2-7-13

Nothing tricky here.  I want a clean draw stroke, single hand only, 2-hand, full extension and a part time under 2 seconds.  My standard goal is 80% combat effective hits. 

Not a bad way, IMNSHO, to polish your skills.

7 comments:

  1. Yep, good practice and it WORKS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the other thing I like about it is that the "range" is seconds away from my desk. So, I do it more. And, a heck of a lot cheaper! I think my draw is smoothing out over this fall/winter. Guess Saturday will tell the tale! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Ms. A - nice to have you drop by! I enjoyed your conversation with M today - she obviously keep you on your toes!! :)

      Delete
  3. I need to get back out again, with the travels to check on family, there's been no range time in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea. What timer app are you using on your phone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey JT, thanks for dropping by. I use the "IPSC Shot Timer". It's free from the Play store for Android phones. Honestly, it works very, very well.

      Delete