Friday, August 23, 2013

Training – SIRT Pistol Training Wall . . . An Update

 

After yesterday discussion about multiple target engagements, I thought I would post an update photo of my SIRT Pistol training wall:

clip_image002

The “standard” reduced size IDPA targets have been surrounded by hostage targets, “bad guy” targets, the “Dot Torture” drill, the “FAST” target, a trigger press analysis target and a multi-distance target by “10-8” Training. Here are some links:

The largest profile targets are roughly 1/3 size – 7ft represents 21ft. The smallest are 1/6 size – 7ft represents 42ft. I can practice virtually any range trip I want to work on before I go to the range. And, this allows me to easily pick up 30 minutes of trigger time every day. This setup works fine with my LaserLyte round in my carry weapon and works even better with my SIRT pistol. You can easily work on marksmanship with Dot Torture and then switch to multi-threat engagements. You can “move back” by shooting the smaller size targets and, with the 10-8 Dry Fire Target – configured for you being 4-yards away – you can work on marksmanship all the way out to 25 yards.

Your only investment here is printer paper and either a LaserLyte round, SIRT pistol or just plain dry fire with no hit indicator. Regardless, you are working on stance, draw, rotation, metal on meat or sighted fire, and your reholstering skill set (remember – YOU HAVE ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD TO REHOLSTER YOUR WEAPON!!).

Find a corner of your basement, spare bedroom, garage – wherever, and setup your dry fire range. Then, DON’T SO ANYTHING STUPID – CHECK YOUR WEAPON THREE TIMES TO MAKE SURE IT IS EMPTY!!. Then use your SIRT pistol or LasyerLyte round and get some good range time each and every day!

4 comments:

  1. Again Thanks for the info. Damn I wish I was closer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to mirror that set up, 'but' I'd have to take it down after every use... sigh

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to mirror that set up, 'but' I'd have to take it down after every use... sigh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fabulous. This type of home practice is important.

    ReplyDelete