Saturday, September 7, 2013

Training–Dot Torture With A SIRT Pistol

 

I ran a Dot Torture drill on my office “SIRT Range” today.  I thought I would tape it to give me a chance to explain the drill, walk you through it and also demonstrate the SIRT pistol as well.

Nothing tricky here, just trigger time and working on marksmanship.  As I’ve said in the past, I think this is part of the balance any defensive shooter needs to work on.  Yes, rapid draws are important.  Yes, a quick first-round hit is important.  Yes, movement while shooting is important.  But . . . . along with that . . . . if the opportunity presents itself or the need appears when you must make a distance shot and all you have is your handgun, you need to be able to make that shot.  Dot Torture is one drill you can integrate into your range time and dry fire time to prepare yourself to make a critical shot at distance.

Dot Torture Drill With A SIRT Pistol

3 comments:

  1. Still waiting for mine to come in. I think they must be backed up on mfgr and shipping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still waiting for mine to come in. I think they must be backed up on mfgr and shipping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the post. People who are really concerned about their safety and the safety of their loved ones must take care of the guns and firearms that they are having at home especially when the children are they are really dangerous in case not handled with care.
    Regards:
    MA Gun License

    ReplyDelete