Wednesday, December 28, 2011

An Alternate Look at Handgun Stopping Power | Buckeye Firearms Association

Very interesting look at handgun stopping power.  I’m actually working on something similar but this fellow presents the results of 10 years of data gathering, pretty impressive!
H/T to JD

An Alternate Look at Handgun Stopping Power

Submitted by cbaus on Fri, 07/08/2011 - 14:00.
By Greg Ellifritz

I've been interested in firearm stopping power for a very long time. I remember reading Handguns magazine back in the late 1980s when Evan Marshall was writing articles about his stopping power studies. When Marshall's first book came out in 1992, I ordered it immediately, despite the fact that I was a college student and really couldn't afford its $39 price tag. Over the years I bought all of the rest of Marshall's books as well as anything else I could find on the subject. I even have a first edition of Gunshot Injuries by Louis Lagarde published in 1915.

No comments:

Post a Comment